Best Egg Potato Salad Recipe
Homemade Potato Egg Salad:
Potato has a wealth of health benefits, necessary for a healthy diet. It has no cholesterol and is rich in fiber, therefore reducing the risk of cardio vascular diseases. It is very important for a healthy diet. See below for more health benefits of potatoes.
No of servings: 3-4 persons
- Potatoes (1kg)
- Hard boiled eggs (qty=3)
Spices & Condiments
- Garlic (1 clove) – crushed
- Seeded mustard (1tbs)
- Green onion (qty=3); finely chopped
- Homemade Mayonnaise (90ml)
- Salad cream (80ml)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh chives (2tbs); (finely chopped)
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
The Directions (in Easy steps)
- Peel the potatoes and chop into 2cm cubes
- Either boil, steam or microwave the potato cubes until just tender.
- At the same time hard boil the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potato cubes and let cool.
- Let the eggs cool and remove the shells.
- Either cut the eggs into cubes, or chop them coarsely.
- Now place the potatoes and the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the herbs.
- Toss gently to combine.
- In the end, sprinkle the finely chopped fresh chives.
- Keep the potatoes submerged in cold water after peeling, to avoid discoloration.
- This creamy egg potato salad is delicious with grilled beef ribs.
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
Health Benefits of Potatoes:
- Improve digestive health.
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Contain resistant starch, therefore good for blood sugar control.
- Exhibit anti-cancer properties.
- It also has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Good for weight management.
- Prevent formation of kidney stones.
- Improve the immune system.
- Help to have a good sleep.
- Improve bones health.
- Beneficial for treating premenstrual depression.
- Boots stamina, therefore improves athletic performance.
Nutritional Information Potatoes:
Potatoes are and excellent source of many vitamins and minerals:
- Good amount of dietary Fiber and carbs
- Rich in antioxidants
- Contains Folate and Niacin as well
- Vitamins B and C
- Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium and Phosphorus
- Some amount of protein as well
Note: Please share this post with your loved ones as good health is priceless. Sharing is Caring.