Cannellini Bean Salad Recipe
Refreshing Cannellini Bean Salad:
Did you know that cannellini bean has the lowest glycemic index amongst all types of beans? Therefore, the best choice for diabetic patients. In addition it has anti-cancer properties and helps fighting cardiovascular diseases. See below for more health benefits of Cannellini beans.
No of servings: 6 persons
- Cannellini beans (400g); dried
- Egg tomatoes (400g); quartered
- Black seeded olives (200g); halved
Spices & Condiments
- Garlic (1 clove) – crushed
- Black pepper (½ tsp) – cracked
- Lemon rind (1 tbs) – finely grated
- Lemon juice (60 ml)
- Olive Oil (75 ml)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Basil leaves (3tbs); whole and fresh
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- The finely grated lemon rind.
The Directions (in Easy steps)
The Cannellini Beans
- Cover beans with cold water in a large bowl; Let soak overnight.
- Drain beans, place in a large pan of boiling water.
- Cook uncovered for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes in a large baking dish.
- Drizzle with 40ml of olive oil the sprinkle with the cracked pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, in a very hot oven for about 25 minutes or until soft.
- Place beans and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Then add the lemon rind, black olives and the remaining ingredients.
- Finally toss gently to mix everything well.
- Dried cannellini beans is used here, but you can substitute for cans of any type of white beans, drained and rinsed.
- Preparation time is approximately 20 minutes (excluding the soaking time overnight). The cooking time is approximately 50 minutes.
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
Health Benefits of Cannellini Beans:
- It has the least glycemic index amongst all beans. So it’s good for the diabetic patients.
- Regulates blood sugar level.
- Helps combating arthritis, and is good for the bones
- Helps prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Helps fight thrombosis
- Good for patients suffering from Alzheimer disease.
- May fight certain cancers.
- It is good for the immune system.
- It also improves digestion.
- Can also works against dementia.
- Good for your skin.
- Good for weight management.
- It has a detoxifying effect on the body.
Nutritional Information Cannellini Beans:
Cannellini Beans are rich source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- It is supercharged with protein.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- High dietary fiber contents.
- Contains potassium, sodium, calcium and iron.
- A goldmine of B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, and B6)
- Contains a good amount of carbohydrates.
Note: Please share this post with your loved ones as good health is priceless. Sharing is Caring.