Easy Mexican Salad Recipes
Best Mexican Salad Recipe:
Avocado, rich in antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids (the healthy fats), the flawless heart-friendly “casse-croute”, is one of the ingredients of this best Mexican salad recipe. It will definitely reduce the bad cholesterol level in your body and maintain your cardiovascular system in perfect working conditions. See below for more health benefits of Avocado.
No of servings: 4 persons
- Prawn (750g); medium cooked
- Kidney beans (200g); dried
- Cherry tomatoes (250g); halved
- Corn Cob (400g); fresh
- Avocado (320g); or 1 large – thinly sliced
Spices & Condiments
- Onion (170g) – finely sliced
- Vegetable oil
- Chillies (qty=2) – (Green or Red); Coarsely chopped
- Corn tortillas (qty=4)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves (2tbs); fresh and coarsely chopped
- Lime juice (60ml)
- Peanut oil (80ml)
- Cumin seeds (2tsp) – Toasted
- Red Thai chilli (qty=1) – seeded and chopped finely
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- Of course the Lime Dressing
The Directions (in Easy steps)
For the Lime Dressing:
Combine all the lime dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar; then shake well.
For the Salad:
- Cover beans with cold water in a large bowl; Let soak overnight.
- Drain beans, place in a large pan of boiling water.
- Cook uncovered for about 20 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, shell and devein the prawns.
- Leave the tails intact.
- Remove husk and silk from corn.
- Cut into 2cm thick rounds; cut rounds in halves.
- Boil, steam or microwave corn until tender.
- Then let drain.
- Cut each tortilla into eight pieces.
- Place in single layer on oiled oven tray.
- Bake uncovered in moderate oven for about 5 minutes or until browned lightly and crispy.
- Gently toss the beans, prawns, corns, tomatoes, avocado, onion, and chillies in a large bowl.
- Then scatter the coarsely chopped coriander leaves.
- Finally sprinkle with the lime dressing.
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
- Corn tortillas are sold fresh under refrigeration, frozen, or cryovac-packed on supermarket shelves.
- Keep some on hand to use as wrappers for leftover meatloaf, Bolognese sauce, or even grilled sausages.
- Make certain you get corn tortillas for this recipe – not the flour variety.
- We used dried kidney beans in this recipe, but if you are in a hurry, you can substitute a 420g can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- The chillies are the kind found bottled in vinegar or olive oil in Mexican, Middle-Eastern or Italian food stores – long and sweet with just a bit of heat – perfect munched on with other pre-dinner snacks!
Health Benefits of Avocado:
- It improves digestion.
- Helps preventing constipation
- Beneficial for skin and hair.
- Excellent fruit to eat during pregnancy.
- May fight certain cancers.
- It is good for the eyes.
- Can be used as a face mask together with cucumber
- It can regulate your blood sugar levels.
- It reduces bad breath.
- Regulates blood pressure.
- Helps patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- It is a good anti-inflammatory agent.
Nutritional Information Avocado:
This magnificent fruit is a rich source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- It has No cholesterol.
- Rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- High dietary fiber contents.
- Contains folate calcium, Iron and potassium.
- Vitamins B, C and K.
Note: Please share this post with your loved ones as good health is priceless. Sharing is Caring.