Grilled Chicken Drumsticks Recipes
BBQ Chicken Drumsticks Grill:
The Satay sauce in this amazing Asian recipe chicken drumsticks grill contains peanuts which is rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. These fats keep the good cholesterol high and helps lower the bad cholesterol as well as triglycerides. See below for more health benefits of peanuts.
No of servings: 3-4 persons
- Chicken drumsticks (8 pieces)
Spices & Condiments
- Ginger (1tbs) – freshly grated
- Garlic (1 clove) – Crushed
- Unsalted roasted peanuts (150g) – finely chopped
- Curry powder (1tsp)
- Ground coriander (1tbs)
- Lime Juice (2tbs)
- Soy sauce (2tbs)
- Honey (1tbs)
- Coconut milk (250ml)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves (2tbs); fresh and coarsely chopped
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- The Satay sauce (see directions below – part C)
The Directions (in Easy steps)
Marinating the drumsticks
- Make 2 deep cuts in the thickest part of each drumstick.
- Combine spices and condiments in a large shallow dish.
- Add the drumsticks.
- Turning to coat all over with the marinade.
- Cover, refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Grilling the drumsticks
- Drain the drumsticks over medium pan.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Grill drumsticks on heated oiled barbecue until browned all over.
- Then continue in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, for about 15 minutes or until tender.
The Satay Sauce
- Meanwhile, place reserved marinade on barbecue.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer, stirring for about 5 minutes or until thick.
- Marinating the drumsticks is best made one day before.
- Poultry is ready to eat if, when pierced, its juices run clear.
- This succulent meat can quickly become overcooked, so careful watching must be a part of the grilling process.
Health Benefits of Peanuts:
- It fights cancer (lower the risk of colon cancer)
- Lower the risk of developing gallstones
- Prevents diabetes.
- Its vitamin B3 helps boost memory.
- It helps against Alzheimer.
- It is good for the skin.
- It reduces hair loss.
- It lowers bad cholesterol level and increases good cholesterol level.
- It also helps fighting depression.
- Excellent snacks during pregnancy (peanut is a good source of folate)
- Its manganese helps calcium absorption and regulates blood sugar level.
Nutritional Information of Peanuts:
This crunchy nut is a rich source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- Its cholesterol contents is zero.
- High levels of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
- Rich in dietary fibers.
- Contains folate.
- Contains manganese, copper, calcium, iron and zinc.
- Vitamins B3, E.
- It also contains Riboflavin, niacin, Thiamin,
I bet you must like peanuts because of its taste and texture. Now I’m sure you will change the way you look at peanuts and you’ll also change the way you snack by adding some peanuts everyday; for a healthy heart.
I’m sure you also want to save the heart of your loved ones. So by sharing this post you’ll achieve it. Sharing is Caring.
I seize this opportunity to wish you all a good health and long happy life.