Grilled Vegetable Salad Recipes
Simple vegetable salad recipes:
Do you know why capsicum/bell pepper is favored by diabetic patients? Well research endorses it as an efficient insulin producer; consequently leveling the blood-glucose level in the body. Green capsicum in particular have rich hypoglycemic benefits and as such is preferred by diabetic patients. In addition it has anti-cancer properties and helps fighting cardiovascular diseases. See below for more health benefits of Capsicums.
No of servings: 4-5 persons
- Red Capsicums/Bell Pepper (qty=2); fresh
- Green Capsicums/Bell Pepper (qty=2); fresh
- Yellow Capsicums/Bell Pepper (qty=2); fresh
- Green Zucchini (qty=2); fresh
- Yellow Zucchini (qty=2); fresh
- Baby Egg plants (qty=4); fresh
Spices & Condiments
- Red onion (qty=1)
- Olive Oil (50 ml)
- Salt to taste
- Basil leaves (qty=5); whole and fresh
- Balsamic Vinegar (20ml)
- Lime juice (40ml)
- Olive oil (60ml)
- Garlic (1 clove) – crushed
- Oregano leaves(1 tbs) – fresh and finely chopped
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- Of course the Balsamic Dressing
The Directions (in Easy steps)
For the Balsamic Dressing:
Combine all the balsamic dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar; then shake well.
For the Salad:
- Cut the Capsicums/Bell Pepper into quarters
- Remove and discard seeds and membranes
- Then cut into thick strips
B. Zucchini and Egg plants
- Cut the Zucchini and egg plants into 2cm circles.
C. Grilling the Vegetables
- Grill the vegetables in batches on the barbecue, uncovered.
- Turn upside down a couple of times, until browned all over and tender.
D. The Mixture
- Place all the grilled vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add the whole fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Sprinkle with the balsamic dressing.
- Mix well.
- For better taste, this salad should be prepared one day before it is to be served; giving the flavor of the balsamic dressing sufficient time to infuse into the grilled vegetables.
- A heated oiled grill pan can also be used.
- This salad is a perfect partner to complement meat barbecues.
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
Health Benefits of Capsicums/Bell Pepper:
- Useful in preventing diabetes.
- Lower the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduces arthritis pain
- Helps psoriasis patients
- Helps relieve stomach ache
- Prevents peptic ulcers
- Beneficial for women undergoing menopause
- It also fights cancer.
- Prevents muscles spasm and aches
- Prevents skin aging/ gives glowing skin
- Improves the appetite
- Improves eyes health.
Nutritional Information Capsicums/Bell Pepper:
Capsicums/Bell Pepper are rich source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- Rich in vitamins A and C
- Rich in Carbs.
- Contains Potassium and folate
- Contains Omega-3 and Omega-6.
- Rich in antioxidants such as carotenoids.
Note: Please share this post with your loved ones as good health is priceless. Sharing is Caring.