Healthy Black Bean Salad
Easy Black Bean Salad:
Did you know that black bean protects against breast and prostate cancer. Moreover, it helps lower the total amount of bad cholesterol in the blood? Therefore, the best choice for reducing the risk of heart diseases and stroke. See below for more health benefits of black beans.
No of servings: 8 persons
- Black beans (400g); dried
- Egg tomatoes (300g); seeded and chopped finely
- Yellow teardrop tomatoes (200g); chopped finely
Spices & Condiments
- Red Onion (1 medium) – chopped finely
- Green Onion (4 medium) – chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Baby spinach leaves (50g); fresh and shredded
- Garlic (1 clove), quartered
- Lime juice (75ml)
- Olive oil (75ml)
- White vinegar (2 tbs)
- Cayenne pepper (½ tsp) –
- Coriander leaves (2tbs) – finely chopped
- Sugar (½ tsp)
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- The fresh, crunchy baby spinach leaves and the Jamaican Dressing
- This salad also makes a wonderful salsa served with char-grilled beef and warm flour tortillas.
- Dried black beans is used here, but you can substitute for cans of any type of white beans, drained and rinsed.
- Dried black beans are also called turtle beans; these full-flavoured dried beans bear no resemblance to the fermented soy beans, also known as black beans that are commonly used in Chinese cooking.
- Preparation time is approximately 15 minutes (excluding the soaking time overnight). The cooking time is approximately 45 minutes.
The Directions (in Easy steps)
A. The Black Beans
- Cover beans with cold water in a large bowl; soak overnight.
- Drain beans, place in a large pan of boiling water.
- Cook uncovered for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and let cool.
B. The Jamaican dressing
- Blend garlic, lime juice, olive oil, white vinegar and sugar until dressing thickens slightly.
- Stir in the finely chopped coriander leaves and the cayenne pepper.
C. The Mixture
- Place the cooked black beans and the chopped tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Followed by the Jamaican dressing.
- To end, toss gently to mix everything well.
Health Benefits of Black Beans:
- It protects against breast and prostate cancer.
- Regulates blood pressure.
- Helps prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Helps reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Helps maintain the nervous system healthy.
- Boost the immune system.
- Beneficial for pregnant women.
- Keeps your digestive system healthy.
- It prevents constipation.
- Preventing signs of premature aging of the skin.
- Helps repair sun-damaged collagen fibers.
- Good choice for achieving weight goal.
- Detoxify the body.
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
Nutritional Information of Black Beans:
Black Beans are rich source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- Great source of protein.
- Rich in fiber contents.
- Contains magnesium, phosphorus, selenium and manganese.
- Contains vitamins A, B and folate.
- Loaded with a good amount of antioxidants.
Note: Please share this post with your loved ones as good health is priceless. Sharing is Caring.
For some health benefits of spinach, check the following recipe: