Herb Crusted Salmon Recipes
Herb Crusted Salmon Fillets:
Dill is the herb that is used in this pesto crusted salmon recipe. It possesses various valuable properties such as, antidiabetic, anticancer, antistress, antioxidant, cardioprotective, diuretic and antispasmodic properties. In the middle-east, this medicinal herb is traditionally used in the treatment of diabetes. See below for more health benefits of dill.
No of servings: 3-4 persons
- Whole side salmon (1 Kg)
- Mascarpone cheese (100 g)
Spices & Condiments
- Garlic (2 cloves) – Crushed
- Pine nuts (60 g) – toasted
- Parmesan cheese (35 g) – coarsely gratedParmesan Cheese
- Lime rind (2tbs) – Grated
- Olive oil (60 ml)
- Salt to taste
- Dill (35g); fresh and chopped
- Watercress (35g); fresh and chopped
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- The Watercress and Dill Pesto (see directions below – part C)
The Directions (in Easy steps)
(A) Preparing the Salmon
- Remove the skin and bones from the salmon.
- Place the salmon on a large sheet of aluminum foil.
- Spread with Watercress and Dill Pesto.
- Wrap in the aluminum foil.
(B) Grilling the Salmon
- Grill the salmon, pesto-side up, on heated oiled barbecue, uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Open the aluminum foil.
- Grill for about 5 more minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.
- Remove the salmon from the aluminum foil.
- Cut salmon into 4 pieces, the top with mascarpone cheese.
(C) Watercress and Dill Pesto
- Blend or process the watercress, dill, garlic, nuts, parmesan cheese, and lime rind until just chopped.
- With motor operating, gradually pour in the olive oil.
- Process until thick.
- The Watercress and Dill Pesto can be made in advance, covered and refrigerated up to 7 days.
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
Health Benefits of Dill:
- It promotes digestion.
- and prevents constipation (therefore reduces the risk of colon cancer).
- It also cures diarrhea.
- It relieves depression and cures epilepsy.
- In addition, Dill can also lower bad cholesterol level in the blood.
- It can also be used the treatment of diabetes.
- It is very helpful during menstruation. It reduces menstrual cramps.
- It also helps curing respiratory disorders, such as influenza, colds and even asthma.
- It promotes fertility in women.
- Dill can also relieves the pain caused by Arthritis.
Nutritional Information of Dill:
This medicinal herb is a rich source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- It possesses large amount of fibers.
- It also contains flavonoids like limonene, anethofuran and vicenin.
- Contains magnesium, copper, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Vitamins A, B2(Riboflavin), B6, B9 (folate), Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
- It also contains great amounts of phytonutrients such as niacin.