Honey mustard sauce chicken
Honey mustard chicken breasts
Do you know that fennel seeds have estrogen (female hormone) properties? As such they can balance the female reproductive system. They are also natural remedies for menstrual pain and helpful during menopause. More health benefits below after the recipe.
No of servings: 4 persons
- 500g chicken breast (cut into small pieces, preferably into cubes)
Spices & Condiments
- Garlic paste (½tsp)
- Mustard paste (3tbs)
- Chilli powder (¼tsp)
- Turmeric powder (½tsp)
- Fennel seeds (½tsp); crushed
- Black pepper (½tsp); not crushed
- Honey (1tsp)
- Olive oil (2tbs)
- Onion (qty=1); sliced or preferably cut into cubes
- Green/Red chilli (qty=2); cut lengthwise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Curry leaves (qty=1tbs); (chopped)
- Coriander leaves (qty=2tbs); (coarsely chopped)
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- The crushed fennel seeds (quantity as above);
The Directions (in Easy steps)
(A) Preparing the fennel flavored honey mustard paste
- In a mixing bowl, add the following:
- The Garlic paste
- The Mustard paste
- The Chilli powder
- The turmeric powder
- The honey
- The olive oil
- Mix all the above well.
- Now add the fennel seeds, black pepper, onion and curry leaves.
- Then mix well again (including salt and pepper to taste as you mix).
(B) Marinating the Chicken Breast
- Now add the chicken breast into the mixing bowl.
- Mix the chicken breast well with the paste.
- Let marinate in the fridge for approximately 2 hours.
(C) Cooking the dish
- Remove the marinated chicken breast from the fridge 1 hour before cooking. The mixture should not be cold, but at room temperature.
- Place the mixture (chicken breast and mustard paste) in a pan.
- Add 250ml of water or chicken broth.
- Cook on medium heat until chicken is soft and tender.
- Add the green/red chilis.
- Then let simmer on low heat until sauce thickens.
- Finally garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.
- When cooking, the mixture should not be cold.
- It should be at room temperature.
- So you should remove it from the fridge at least one hour before cooking.
Health Benefits of Fennel Seeds:
If somebody is serious about treating obesity, one of the best solution is fennel seeds. They act as an appetite suppressant. In addition, fennel seeds improve the body metabolism to easily get rid of the excess fat.
- Also relieves lower abdominal pain
- They help improving digestion.
- Removes the mucus that block passage of food in the colon.
- Decreases colic in babies.
- Removes menstrual pain and duration in young ladies.
- Have estrogen properties, can therefore balance female reproductive system; specially in menopause.
- Reduce flatulence.
- Also helpful in treating diarrhea.
- Reduced risk of colon cancer.
- They reduce bad breath.
- Helps combating asthma.
- A natural remedy for respiratory problems (including sore throat, cough and colds)
Fennel seeds are full of vital nutrients. In addition to those mentioned above, they contain the following vitamins and minerals.
- Rich in dietary fiber.
- Vitamins C, B3 (niacin)
- Also contains folate
- Calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, and iron.
- Phosphorus and manganese.
- High level of Anti-oxidants.