Japanese Cucumber Salad Recipes
Japanese Cucumber salad recipe:
Did you know that the risk of breast cancer is much less in Japan compared to other countries? Do you want to know their secret ingredient, the one used in this recipe? Well the answer is below, after this health and tasty Japanese cucumber salad recipe.
No of servings: 4-5 persons
- Green cucumbers (qty=2 large – approximately 750g); fresh
- Tofu (200g) – firm tofu
Spices & Condiments
- Wakame (2tsp)
- Dashi (1tbs)
- Soy sauce (2tbs)
- Rice vinegar (100ml)
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Sugar (2tsp)
- Coarse cooking salt (1tbs)
- Wakame (seaweed) – as stated above
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- Of course the Dashi Dressing (see below)
The Directions (in Easy steps)
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise
- Remove and discard seeds
- Then cut into thin slices
- Combine cucumber and salt in bowl;
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes
B. The Dressing
- Meanwhile, combine the Dashi, Soy sauce, Rice vinegar and Sugar in a small pan.
- Stir over low heat, without boiling for about 7 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Let cool.
C. Processing the Tofu
- Cut the tofu into 3cm cubes.
- Heat oil in medium pan.
- Deep-fry tofu, in batches, until browned.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
D. The Mixture
- Just before serving, combine cucumber, Wakame and the dressing in a medium bowl.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Divide tofu among serving plates;
- Top with the cucumber mixture.
- The cucumber can be combined with salt for up to 3 hours;
- The longer the mixture stands, the more soft and delicate the cucumber becomes;
- Wakame is available from Japanese and some other Asian food shops;
- It can be substituted by any other edible dried seaweed or kelp.
- Serve with a platter of mixed sashimi (include salmon, tuna and a firm white fish), say sauce, wasabi paste and pink pickled ginger.
Health Benefits of Wakame:
Wakame is one of many seaweeds used by the Japanese in cooking. Green-black in colour and extremely rich in calcium, Wakame can be eaten, as here, shredded on top of salads or reconstituted in hot water and eaten as a vegetable.
- Fights breast cancer.
- Protects bones against osteoporosis.
- Useful in maintaining healthy digestion.
- Helps lowering bad cholesterol.
- It also has anti-diabetic properties.
- Helps to balance hormones.
- Supports a healthy pregnancy.
- It also promotes fat burning.
- Therefore good for weight management.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It fights inflammation.
- Boost energy.
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
Nutritional Information Wakame:
Wakame is a rich source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- Extremely rich in calcium
- Rich in vitamins A and C
- Contains Sodium and Iron
- Contains dietary fiber.
- Also contains protein and carb.
Note: Please share this post with your loved ones as good health is priceless. Sharing is Caring.