Moroccan Lamb Couscous recipe
Moroccan Couscous and Lamb recipe:
This is one of the traditional Moroccan couscous recipes. If you are serious about eating healthy to get rid of the extra kilos (especially the belly fat), then couscous is the best substitute for white rice. More health benefits of couscous after the recipe.
No of servings: 3-4 persons
- Lamb cutlets (10 pieces)
- Couscous (250g)
Spices & Condiments
- Garlic (4 cloves) – chopped
- Ground cumin (1tbs)
- Ground coriander (1tbs)
- Lime Juice (1tbs)
- Lemon rind (2tsp) – grated
- Red chillies (qty=6) – chopped
- Olive oil (2tbs)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves (1tbs); fresh and finely chopped
- Mint leaves (1tbs); fresh and coarsely chopped
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- The grated lemon rind
- Couscous (250g)
- Boiling water (250ml)
- Shelled Pistachios (2tbs) – coarsely chopped
- Dried Apricots (2tbs)
- Pomegranate seeds (2tbs) – fresh
- Olive oil (1tbs)
- Parsley (1tbs) – fresh and finely chopped
The Directions (in Easy steps)
A. Marinating the lamb cutlets
- Blend the garlic, lemon rind and juice, the red chilli, the leaves and the remaining spices; adding the olive oil little by little.
- Place the cutlets in a large shallow dish.
- Spread half of the marinade.
- Turning to coat all over with the marinade.
- Cover, refrigerate overnight or for 3 hours.
B. Grilling the lamb cutlets
- Drain the lamb cutlets.
- Grill the lamb cutlets on uncovered heated oiled barbecue until browned both sides.
- Cooked as desired or until tender.
- Served the grilled lamb cutlets with the remaining marinade sauce and couscous.
C. The Couscous
- Meanwhile, combine the couscous and the boiling water in a medium heatproof bowl.
- Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Using a fork, fluff the couscous gently while add the olive oil.
- Then toss in the pistachios and apricot; mixed gently.
- Finally, sprinkle the fresh and finely chopped parsley.
- Marinating the lamb cutlets is best made in advance, one day before. Cover, refrigerate overnight; or 3 hours before use.
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
Health Benefits of Couscous:
- The best substitute for white rice if you are serious about losing those extra kilos that ruin life.
- Keep heart and blood vessels healthy
- It helps regulating blood pressure.
- It also helps regulating blood sugar.
- It helps controlling diabetes.
- It improves the health of our digestive system.
- Promotes the formation of new red blood cells.
- It lowers bad cholesterol level and increases good cholesterol level.
- Excellent food to eat during pregnancy.
- It helps maintaining a good balance of fluid in the body.
Nutritional Information of couscous:
This light, fluffy texture whole-wheat couscous is a rich source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- It contains no saturated fat at all.
- A good source of complex carb.
- Rich in Vitamin B6.
- It contains more fibers than white rice.
- It provides more protein than other grains.
- Contains selenium antioxidants, which is good for the heart.
- Contains magnesium potassium, sodium, calcium, and iron.
- It also contains niacin and Thiamin.
I’m sure you also want your loved ones to stay healthy. So by sharing this post you’ll achieve it. Sharing is Caring.