Raw Beetroot Salad Recipes
Best Beet Salad Recipe
This crunchy textured salad is a refreshing one made with raw beetroot which is a natural detoxifier and blood purifier. Further, beet is a healthy root vegetable full of medicinal properties. See below for more health benefits of beetroot.
Beet Salad Recipes
No of servings: 5-6 persons
- Fresh beetroot (qty=4); Medium size (600g)
- Green cucumber (qty=1); Medium size (250g)
Spices & Condiments
- Lemon rind (1tsp) – finely grated
- Lemon juice (125 ml)
- Red onion (qty=1); Medium (150g)
- Sugar (1tsp)
- Coarse cooking salt (1tsp)
- Mint leaves (2tbs); (fresh and finely chopped)
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- The finely grated lemon rind.
The Directions (in Easy steps)
- Peel and grate trimmed beetroot.
- Peel, seed and finely chop cucumber.
- Place cucumber in a strainer, sprinkle with salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime:
- finely grate lemon rind
- peel and chop onion finely
- finely chop fresh mint leaves
- Now rinse cucumber under cold water and drain on absorbent paper.
- Finally mix beetroot, cucumber, lemon rind, lemon juice, onion, sugar and mint in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining salt; or salt to taste.
Serve with sliced charcoal grilled beef fillet in pocket pittas with yogurt, or as an accompaniment to beef, lamb and game.
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
Health Benefits of Beetroot:
- Helps regulate blood pressure.
- Good for the heart.
- Aids in the treatment of anemia.
- It also has anti-cancer properties (breast and prostate cancer).
- Exhibits anti-inflammatory effects.
- Good for weight management because its low in fat and calories.
- Improves digestion
- Prevents cataracts.
- Improves skin health.
- Aids in curing gallbladder and kidney problems.
- Also, useful in the treatment of respiratory disorders.
- Boots stamina, therefore good for athletes.
Nutritional Information Beetroot:
Beetroot is a good source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- Betaine (anti-cancer, breast and prostate)
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Dietary Fiber