Simple Chicken Salad Recipes
Best Recipe chicken Salad
Included in this recipe is Lettuce, the outstanding anti-diabetic green. The fact that it has a zero glycemic index, lettuce is very beneficial in controlling diabetes. See below for more health benefits of Lettuce.
This ubiquitous American favorite can be found on hotel room-service menus everywhere in the world. Once you make it yourself at home, you’ll understand why! With a loaf of fresh bread, it’s a meal in itself.
No of servings: 4 persons
- Chicken (350g); breast fillets
- Eggs (qty = 3); hard-boiled
- Tomatoes (250g); or three medium
- Lettuce (1 large)
Spices & Condiments
- Onion (50g) – sliced thinly in rings
- Vegetable oil
- Cheese (100g) – finely sliced
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves (1tbs); fresh and finely chopped (optional)
- Olive oil (125ml)
- White vinegar (60ml)
- Seeded mustard(2tsp)
- Sugar (1tsp)
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- Of course the Vinaigrette Dressing
The Directions (in Easy steps)
For the Vinaigrette Dressing:
Combine all the vinaigrette dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar; then shake well.
For the Salad:
- Cook chicken in heated oiled large pan until browned both sides.
- Place chicken in shallow baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then cut into slices.
- Cut each tomato into 8 wedges.
- Wash and separate lettuce leaves.
- Tear lettuce leaves into small pieces.
- Finely slice the cheese.
- Divide lettuce among serving bowls.
- Layer with chicken, tomato, onion rings, cheese and egg.
- Then drizzle with the vinaigrette dressing.
- Finally sprinkle the finely chopped coriander leaves.
- This dressing is a classic vinaigrette. To make it even creamier, place the ingredients in a blender and process until thick and opaque.
- You can prepare the vinaigrette a day ahead; keep it covered, in the refrigerator.
- Gruyere or Emmenthaler or Jarlsberg cheese can be used.
Health Benefits of Lettuce:
- Helps controlling diabetes.
- Improves blood circulation
- Beneficial for blood production.
- Helps fighting anemia.
- Good in fighting insomnia as well.
- Cures certain skin disorders.
- A must for weight management.
- Prevention against certain eyes disorders.
- Purifies the body (detoxification).
- Beneficial during pregnancy.
- Essential for healthy bones
- Helps in fighting infections
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
Nutritional Information Lettuce:
Lettuce is an excellent source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- Beta-carotene (good for eyes), lactucarium (fights insomnia) , zeaxanthin (anti-aging)
- Glycemic index zero (therefore good for diabetes patients)
- Rich in fibers, folate and Iron;
- Also contains manganese, potassium and phosphorous
- Vitamins A, E, C and K
Note: Please share this post with your loved ones as good health is priceless. Sharing is Caring.