Simple Prawn Salad Recipe
Simple Prawn Salad Recipe:
Anti-cancer, anti-diabetic, anti-stress, anti-oxidant, cardio protective, diuretic and anti-spasmodic are the properties of Dill, one of the ingredients of this amazing salad. See below for more health benefits of Dill and Avocado (another healthy ingredient of this simple prawn salad recipe).
No of servings: 4 persons
- King Prawn (750g); cooked
- Avocado (350g); cubed
- English cucumbers (250g) – seeded and finely chopped
- Tomatoes (350g) – seeded and finely chopped
- Garlic (1 clove) – crushed
- Olive oil (1 tbs)
- Tomato juice (2 tbs)
- Raspberry vinegar (1 tbs)
- Salt to taste
- Parsley (2tbs); fresh and finely chopped
- Saffron threads (¼ tsp)
- Egg yolks (qty =2)
- Lemon juice (2 tbs)
- Dijon mustard (1 tbs)
- Olive oil (2tbs)
- Warm water (1tbs)
- Fresh Dill (1 tsp) – finely chopped
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- Of course the saffron mayonnaise
The Directions (in Easy steps)
For the Saffron mayonnaise:
- Gently heat lemon juice and saffron in small pan over low heat, for about 2 minutes or until juice has changed colour;
- Let cool;
- Blend or process strained juice, egg yolks and mustard until smooth.
- With motor operating, gradually add oil in thin stream until combined.
- Stir in the fresh, finely chopped dill.
- Finally add the water to thin the mayonnaise.
For the Gazpacho/Avocado Salsa:
- Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl;
- Mix well.
For the Salad:
- Shell and de-vein the cooked prawns; you may wish to leave the tail.
- Arranged in plate as in the diagram above.
- Spoon mayonnaise over prawns.
- Sprinkle with fresh and finely chopped parsley.
Don’t leave empty handed, collect your FREE e-book, click on the Red Tab at the bottom right of your screen.
- Cooked prawn can be purchased in supermarkets
- Saffron, the dried stigma from the crocus flower, is the world’s costliest spice. Buy it in small amounts and keep it, sealed tightly, in the refrigerator to preserve its freshness.
- Saffron mayonnaise is even better if made a day ahead; keep, covered, in refrigerator.
Note: Please share this post with your loved ones as good health is priceless. Sharing is Caring.