Thai papaya salad recipe
Best Thai papaya salad recipe
Did you know that Papaya, the refreshingly sweet exotic fruit, helps improve cardiovascular health? It is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. In addition, it is helpful to fight colon cancer. See below for more health benefits of Papaya.
No of servings: 4 persons
- Papaya (750g); or one small (seeded and chopped coarsely)
- Duck (750g); barbecued duck or chicken
Spices & Condiments
- Green Onion (Qty = 3) – chopped finely
- Shelled pistachios (50g) – toasted
- Mizuna (80g)
- Salt to taste
- Mizuna leaves (2tbs); fresh and coarsely chopped
Benefits of Mizuna
- Improves the immune system
- Strengths the bones
- It supports blood clotting
- It improves the health of the eyes
- It is high in Anti-oxidants
Sweet Chilli Dressing
- Sweet chilli sauce (2 tbs)
- Ginger (1 tbs) – fresh and finely grated
- Red Thai chilli (qty=1), seeded and chopped finely
- Lime juice (60 ml)
- Peanut oil (60 ml)
- Sesame oil (½ tsp)
The Tasty and Healthy Secret (which makes the difference)
- Of course the Sweet Chilli Dressing
The Directions (in Easy steps)
For the Sweet Chilli Dressing:
Combine all the sweet chilli dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar; then shake well.
For the Salad:
- Remove all meat and skin from the duck; discard bones.
- Scrape away fat from under skin; discard fat.
- Cut meat and skin into thin slices.
- Gently toss duck/chicken, pawpaw, nuts, onion and mizuna in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the sweet chilli dressing.
- Mix well.
- Keep fresh chilies in your freezer. Not only will you have some on hand whenever you need them, but they are easier to slice and chop while frozen.
- Ready-to-eat barbecued duck can be purchased from specialty Asian barbecue takeaway shops.
- Barbecued chicken can be used in place of the duck.
Health Benefits of Papaya/Pawpaw:
- Improves digestion in baby.
- Strengthen infant’s immune system.
- Valuable for protecting your eyes.
- Good for the skin
- Reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Helps in weight management.
- It prevents colon cancer.
- Effective against osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- A remedy for constipation.
- No cholesterol.
- Improve menstruation.
- Provides relieve from toothache.
Nutritional Information Papaya/Pawpaw:
Papaya is a good source of powerful and essential nutrients:
- Folates, Niacin, Riboflavin, Thiamin (anti-cancer)
- Carbohydrates, Protein, Dietary fibers.
- Potassium, calcium, sodium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, and Zinc.
- Vitamin A, C, E and K.
Note: Please share this post with your loved ones as good health is priceless. Sharing is Caring.